BITS (Body Intelligence Tips)
- eat in a settled atmosphere
- never eat when you're upset.
- always sit down to eat.
- eat only when you feel hungry.
- reduce ice-cold food and drink.
- don't talk while chewing your food.
- eat at a moderate pace, neither too fast nor too slow.
- wait until one meal is digested before eating the next (i.e., intervals of two to four hours for light meals, four to six for full meals).
- sip warm water with your meal.
- eat freshly cooked meals whenever possible.
- minimize raw foods- cooked food (preferably well cooked) is much easier to digest.
- do not cook with honey- heated honey is considered to produce ama (toxins).
- drink milk separately from meals, either alone or with other sweet foods.
- experience all six tastes at every meal.
- leave one-third to one-quarter of your stomach empty to aid digestion.
- sit quietly for a few minutes after your meal.