Thursday, November 03, 2005

Inherent In Every Desire Is the Mechanics for Its Fulfillment.

That's like within the problem lies the solution. Hmm...

To wish for things to be different, I must first accept the present. No resistance to the way things are. I must learn to be OK with everything as it is, because it already is and the past cannot be changed. Everything is as it should be because the whole universe is as it should be. In the present, however, I can think and do things to change the future. So if I don't like something, first I have to acknowledge the way it already is and accept it. Though, of course, I don't have to settle for it. Some things must be done, whether we like them or not, for situations to improve. We must go through some uncomfortable moments as we shape reality closer to our views. But if we don't get past that, things won't change by themselves. First we must change within, notice the issue, make the decision, then act.

So I can accept the present, and intend for the future to be different. Now, in my intention, there should be a certain element called detachment. I would love something to happen a certain way, but I must be open to it ending up another way. Maybe life comes up with a better idea, you never know. I've noticed that when I do this, things happen faster, more smoothly. It's like when I've lost something and I can't find it, the moment I let go of the attachment to it, although I keep the intention of finding it, something happens and I end up where it is. Either I remember some book I want to read, and when I pick it up I'll find the CD I was searching for below it, or something of the sort.

Just as giving should be free, so should receiving. Afterall, they are the two sides of the same coin - two aspects of the same flow of the universe.

(Read Today's Practice for Spiritual Success. Chopra's the man.)

No comments: