Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I've Got Both- Light and Dark

Sometimes we wish for things we are not ready to face. Then they happen, and we are caught by surprise, empty-handed, not knowing what to give back, how to reply to the bigness presented, how to return to life what it has made such a great effort to arrange.

If I am not prepared to handle something, what am I doing wishing for it? To screw up? Instead I should use that time to get ready, so when I receive it, I can excel at its appropriate management.

“Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

But our enthusiasm should not be greater than our discernment. We should think things through before craving wildly.

On another note, this week I keep getting asked if I'm in love. They say I have this glow about me, and that I'm really happy and floaty and pretty- you know, like that brightness people get in those cases. And they won't take No for an answer. I just think it's really, really funny. I think it's because a part of me just loves the way things are right now. I might be in love... with life! Ha! :P

(Of course, meditation does wonders...)

“Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.” - Dalai Lama

2 comments:

Libélula said...

"Sometimes we wish for things we are not ready to face"...This is sooo true. I am in a point in my life where every single day I pray for this one thing...I have faith that my wish will be granted, and I want this change so bad it hurts...but at the same time I am afraid that I might be asking for something I am still not ready to deal with...does that make sense at all???

Chelle said...

oh yes, perfect sense!

that's why we should focus on getting stronger first instead of wanting more while remaining the same. both should go on together.

me pasa igual.