Judging by grass-roots activity, the following trends will continue to shape American spiritual life outside the church:
- --Meditation will become mainstream.
- --Aspects of the paranormal and miraculous will be widely credited.
- --Healing, both physical and psychological, will become commonplace.
- --Prayer will be seen as real and efficacious.
- --Manifestation of desires will be talked about as a real phenomenon.
- --People will regain a connection to their souls.
- --Individuals will find answers inwardly to their deepest spiritual questions. They will believe in their private answers and live accordingly.
- --Communities of belief will arise.
- --Gurus and other spiritual authorities will wane in influence.
- --A wisdom tradition will grow to embrace the great spiritual teachings at the heart of organized religion.
- --Faith will no longer be seen as an irrational departure from reason and science.
- --Wars will decline as peace becomes a social reality.
- --Nature will regain its sacred value.
His latest post:
Why People Get Sick
Deepak Chopra - Mar 24 at 1PM
Most people assume that germs and genes cause disease. The germ theory has brought us a long way, and genetic theory promises to take us even further. But there is still a mystery surrounding why certain people get sick while others don't.
Full Entry / Comments (56)