Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Phantom of the Opera is Here... Inside My Mind

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My how I enjoy musicals! I've seen the Phantom before, I knew the story, but this version was very well done in numerous aspects. And seeing it now, at this age, gave me a new perspective on the life of the Phantom... it made him seem less crazy and more hurt and desperate... but my favorite part was in the end... when he breaks free from his mental prison... which he thought was physical.

And Emmy Rosum... whoever saw her in The Day After Tomorrow wouldn't imagine her capabilities... much less her beautiful singing. I've heard other Christine interpretations before, but I find that I like hers more than I have others.

My mother always asks if musicals are at all popular these days. They seem to be popping one up from time to time, but she wonders if the general public actually prefers them.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I love 'em.

No comments: