Friday, November 11, 2005

Standing O! OMG!

:D

That was sooo cool. The Staff rocked. (That's what the band was called.) Standing ovation on both songs! The first one was sung by fellow blogger and co-worker Rob - el pana se la comio! The rest of the gang was really great as well. Lovely, simply lovely.

I had loads of fun. Sooo glad I joined the guys and did the song. I got showers of positive feedback, invitations to dinner, self-proclaimed fans... Hellow, the Big Boss at the institution I work for came this morning to my office and said, "I was blown away."

He's an artist himself, might I add, and a very exigent and efficient person. (He also said he's soooo going to Casa de Teatro next weekend!) So that is, in itself, quite a compliment.

I also loved watching the other performers. It was just such a wonderful experience! I know I compare myself a lot to the way I used to be, pero es que de verdad, I don't cease to be amazed by the grand effects of meditation.

Before I would've been extremely critical and perfectionist about my singing- I would've been attentive to everything going on outside of me while I was singing, while acting out the opposite. I wouldn't have been satisfied by my performance, because I used to count the mistakes I made, and remembered that instead of what went well. I wouldn't have accepted the compliments very well- either doubting their truth or avoiding their acceptance because I didn't want a bigger ego. I also used to think, oh here comes another one. And regarding the other performers- I would've been equally critical of them, and I would've had trouble accepting that the others kicked butt, especially if they were female.

But NOW??? OMG! I had the grandest amount of fun ever in a concert. I wasn't perfectionist at all, I simply gave my best in that moment- and, yes, there were a couple of nano seconds I would've liked to have produced something better, but it was still awesome because I was living it and feeling it and it was real. The response I received I accepted fully, no doubts and no ego, just a humble and appreciative Thanks! And I enjoyed the rest of the promising artists, and complimented them! Girls too! :P

I can't really explain the way I feel, the difference I see, how much fun I can have without unnecessary thoughts in the way... I wish I could, but it's something one has to live for oneself to see.

No comments: