Thursday, November 12, 2009

Changing The Things I Can


"Lord grant me the serenity to accept
the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."

-St. Francis of Asisi


When we stumble upon circumstances that are not up to us to shape, we have to learn to recognize when it is time to let go. Struggling against the way things are will not make things easier, futile resistance only drains your strength and gets you nowhere.

Instead, focus your energy and intention on those things that are at your disposition to influence and affect. Use that opportunity to create a positive alteration.

Chances are we will confuse the two now and then, but sooner or later we will begin to recognize when it feels like we're forcing someone or something and it ends up being really frustrating, contrary to when things flow in harmony with your addition and naturally shift along with you in effortless ease.

With practice and conscious action, we will learn how to distinguish the two and invest on the second.

Not everything is up to me, but I can make the best of what is!

--
Chelle
michers.blogspot.com

No comments: